Sunday, February 16, 2014

St. Mary's Cemetery: Crown, PA - Haggerty Direct & Indirect Ancestors

On July 2, 2012 I visited the St. Mary's Cemetery in Crown, PA with my father and my aunt.  The Cemetery is adjacent to St. Mary's Church. On July 9, 2013 I visited the cemetery a second time with my Benjamin Norris, my 3rd cousin 2x removed. Benjamin was an excellent tour guide - providing family stories and history during our tour.


St. Mary's Cemetery is the final resting place for many direct ancestors, their siblings and their children. The older section of the cemetery is directly behind the church, to the left in the above photo.






































The final resting place of my 4th great grandfather Robert H. Haggerty.


























The final resting place of my 4th great grand mother Rebecca M. Easly. She is buried adjacent to her husband Robert H. Haggerty.




















The name Hagerty is displayed on a very large tombstone. The large tombstone was purchased by Robert Aloysius Haggerty for his mother and his siblings. Robert Aloysius Haggerty was the son of James Haggerty and Mary Kerr, grandson of Robert H. Haggerty and Rebecca M. Easly. He opted to spell the Haggerty name as Hagerty, using only one G.

No comments:

Post a Comment